Saturday, September 20, 2008

The monthly share your favorite club challenge thingy

Alex's Thursday post on favorite movies got me thinking. I often share the names of favorite movies, songs and books on different sites and blogs, and I read other people's lists, but it is rare that I actually do something with what I read. How would you feel about a movie-book-music club-challenge-thingy? We would agree that at the beginning of each month, we would post recommending a movie, book and/or song that we want the others to watch, read or listen to, and then post our responses to them as comments to the original post. The only rules are: no spoilers in the original recommendation post, only a recommendation with a few personal reasons; post the recommendations around the 1st of the month; and try to pick something you think people won't have seen, read or heard, or haven't seen, read or heard for some time.

What do you think?

7 comments:

alex-ness said...

You sir a mad genius.

Derek Handley said...

* cackles and gets back to harnessing the lightning *

Steve Chaput said...

I probably have half a dozen books at this point waiting to be read and I can't begin to tell you how many films I want to watch.

In other words, sure...why not?

Derek Handley said...

Steve, glad to hear you're up for it.

I actually see it as an opportunity to start getting through my backlog of unread and unwatched items. I tend to let work take precedence, and then the good stuff lies gathering dust. If I commit to watching something, I'll watch it!

alex-ness said...

well I should say, if I have access to the item I would gladly play the game, but I am not always able to buy a thing.

Derek Handley said...

Alex, I'm in the same boat myself, so I think we'd have to make it movies that are readily accessible to rent and books that are already in the library system, not ones that people would have to buy.

Ben Varkentine said...

I'm a bitch to recommend things to, just ask anybody...I simply must discover everything for myself...but I'd be willing to make a go of this.