Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Whoever is listening in Brazil... what's up?

By the time this is read, my point may be moot.

I'd like to start by saying that I fully intend to shoot my mouth off, without hesitation, about most things music related. Having had no formal literary training in either technique or style I may, at best, sound like a gorilla whacking a keyboard with a squeaky toy plastic hammer. Hopefully I can maintain a somewhat sensical blog while at the same time signing "i love you" to my kitten.

With that out of the way, it's time for a short introduction. My name is unimportant and I'll leave it at that. I've grown up with and have lived deeply entrenched in music. I'm not going to bother boring you with the ins and outs of my record collection nor do I plan on making you want to tear your teeth out of your head with irritating "personal top tens" lists. I do plan on at least attempting to point some of you toward the light. Yes, I'm talking about salvation. I'm here to save your rock n roll soul. Don't believe me? It's what I do, not as a living, but as a hobby. For almost ten years now I've manned one half a local radio show. It's true our on-air debonnair could be likened to that of Larry King on a bad acid trip getting his junk knocked around by Emo Phillips but the music's been good and, as always, honest.

Honest music? It's out there. It exists. It doesn't take much training to pick out an honest artist, album or song. Just pull out your CD collection and start listening. If it makes you wanna drink a 12-pack of Gennesee, shake your ass across the continental divide or just cry for a minute it's probably honest.

I'll cut it short here. Next time, when I have something better prepared, I'll leave you with some lisstening pleasure.

1 comment:

alex-ness said...

Welcome to the Jungle!