Thursday, December 16, 2010

Super Mario Galaxy Challenge Run

A Proposition For One of the Wii's Best Sellers


For those of you who have been fans of my YouTube channel for a while may know that for a few months I ran the Super Mario Sunshine Video Quiz. Due to various mutinies and constant jerks yelling at me, it ended up being a complete disaster and was dropped, stopping around level 2. Someone else picked up from there and came up with SUPER AMAZING tasks and I was burdened with the fact that I couldn't keep it running.

What is a video quiz? Well, it's where you play through a game competing with other people in an event generally held on GameFAQs.com (aka home to some of the most sour-tempered people on the planet) and you do "tasks", which are just different ways of doing things in levels. The most famous being the one for Super Mario 64 one. There's a second SM64 one run by Quate32 (GameFAQs account is Kuwait8) which is going on right now.

So, why am I bringing all this up? Well, as the title says, I was thinking of starting a Super Mario Galaxy challenge run... not necessarily a video quiz. It'll be similar, but not split up into different tasks for different levels. I was thinking more along the lines of having five or six categories, such as "speedrun" or "coinless run" or "pacifist run" or "kill all enemies run", things like that. These six categories would determine how you do certain missions in the game. They'd get progressively harder, and they'd go in the order of the levels, and how the categories rotate would depend on how convenient they'd be for the level. The idea would be to have a fair amount of skill and precision at the game.

I don't have all the details worked out, but I wanted to get the word out to see if anyone would be interested in doing this. I have a YouTube account, so what you'd really have to do is just put it on YouTube or Blip or some other video sharing site and give the link on GameFAQs. You could record it through a camcorder or an actual capture card, and it's probably advised that there's not much commentary, but it wouldn't be a rule.

Like I said, I'd need to really work out all the details about it, but if I can get everything worked out and I can get a decent amount of people to join in, then expect updates on both GameFAQs, Poplitiko, and my own blog. Give your opinions on this - comments are welcome.

No comments: