Sunday, August 10, 2014

Another great author's works upon my book shelf: Edward Plunkett, 18th Baron of Dunsany, "Lord Dunsany"

Edward Plunkett, 18th Baron of Dunsany 

While I write poetry, which is devoted to giving the big picture in small words, I adore the authors who can write lush, evocative sentences, just words I know, but the least of all of Lord Dunsany's were better than the best of my own.  Lord Dunsany was to me the author who took the can opening to my lid and opened it up.  I have read great authors, but to me he is the greatest.
He was of noble title and used it to give his efforts a sense of archaic fantastical glory.  He was a Chess expert, a sports hunter, and a member of the military. He belonged to the second oldest house of peerage in Ireland.  And he died of an Appendectomy

Here are some of his works.

The King of Elfland's Daughter (Perhaps my favorite book)


Over the Hills and Far Away


Don Rodriguez: Chronicles of Shadow Valley


Beyond the Fields We Know


The Charwoman's Shadow


At the Edge of the World
















No comments: