Sunday, November 9, 2014

Robert Plant Doesn't Seem To Be A Money Grubbing Son of a Bitch





People will tell you that every decision in life comes down to money.  But in the recent affairs of Robert Plant, former lead singer of Led Zeppelin, it simply isn't the case.  I've tried to tell people this, and all too often I am called an idealist, or a reverse cynic, whatever the hell that is, or a wide variety of nasty names meant to suggest that I have no clue about how life works, because real people choose to take the money, over all other concerns every time.   

I am not a fan of Led Zeppelin and I can honestly say, there was a time I was watching a Robert Plant video when I had the flu, and the video caused me to vomit.  It wasn't his fault, but just for those who think I am worshiping him for his talent, or his choice, I am not.  For one thing, I don't know his motivation for turning down 250 million dollars.  Another thing is, maybe that amount of money just isn't enough to get back together with people he doesn't like.  I don't know the answer.  

What I do know, is, in this world people think he is fool.  I've seen the comments about this on twitter and facebook, I've seen the news items popping up all over the net.   Everyone makes their assumptions.  He is by no means a hero for turning down money.  He is not a hero for saying no to a reunion.  But maybe we should applaud his ethics for being willing not to do something he didn't believe in, just because he was being paid insanely huge amounts of money.  I've never made much money, so I can't speak for the choice he made, I'll never have that choice to make. 

No comments: