Sunday, January 10, 2016

They are BACK!!!!!!!!!! The Universal Monsters are on their way!

UNIVERSAL MONSTERS REBOOTED

The monsters: Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Dracula, The Mummy, The Wolf Man, Creature from the Black Lagoon, & The Invisible Man are ready.  They've been waiting since the 1950s.  Their stories have been told, in pieces but not in real form for over 60 years.  That will change.


My favorite monster is The Mummy.  The reason for that is that it comes from a factual basis and the fear comes from the real reaction to the existence of embalmed and preserved mummies.  I love Ancient Egypt History, I read a lot of it, and for me the Mummy is mostly well done, and even when the movies became silly, they were still really fun.  The first, with Karloff was amazing and frightening.  The second was scary but less so.  And the rest with Lon Chaney Jr. were fun, silly and nonetheless a great way to entertain yourself while trying not to work.


I was not a fan of the Brendan Fraser series of the Mummy, but I do agree, it was not a bad series of movies.  I was far too attached to the original series to enjoy it though.




No comments: