Friday, September 16, 2016

Get to know me

In the event that you will be meeting me or buying my work I thought you might like to know more about me.  Probably you don't give a shit.  But soon I will win the Nobel Prize for Literature, so I'd suggest get yourself a bit more info.

I will be attending FALL CON as a GUEST.


I live in Minnesota, and have in the past lived in Wisconsin, North Carolina, Texas, Arizona, and North Dakota.  I have a number of college degrees, in history and political science.  I find ancient human life to be totally and magnificently interesting.  I have an undergrad degree from UMinnesota Duluth, and a Master's degree from North Dakota State University (Go Bison!).  I think I'd like to live in North Dakota, or the wilds of northern Minnesota.  

I am a poet, an essayist, a prose writer, and lover of cats.  I write daily, 80 hours each week.  I am imperfect in everything I do, I am flawed beyond measure.  But I love doing it.  Writing is my life.  I am not suggesting I am anything but a guy who writes.


I believe in God, I write to express myself, and also to create art.  I do not consider poetry/prose writing's main purpose to be beautiful.  I believe it is meant to enlighten and on the journey that the words take you, the elegant presentation should be economic, but also easy to listen to.  Some people expect poetry to solely be aimed at pure beauty.  I do not.  Therefore, you may or may not find my take on poetry to work for you.

I collect books, some comics, and hockey cards.  I read 3-4 books a week, but, sadly, mostly for reference.  However, the authors I collect are limited.  So, while i have little money, at times I can score big at a used book store.  I love HP Lovecraft, Robert E. Howard, and Edgar Allan Poe.


I am married, have been since 1988.  I have a wonderful son, who is graduating in May 2017.  We hope to save enough money to visit the San Diego Comic Convention 2017.   My son hopes to take a year to work prior to entering community college, university or an apprenticeship.


The above offer is good until the blog entry is taken down.  Contact me at Alexanderness63@ gmail.com for my paypal if you'd like these 10 books sent to you for $55 USD.  They are all in new condition, and will be signed, unless you prefer unsigned.   Offer good only to the continental USA.

As I've said I love cats.  I truly love them.  I love them love them love them.


My cat Sophia --> Photograph copyright Jonathan Ness  2015

My cat Katya --> Photograph copyright Jonathan Ness 2015



I also love art, usually of the Pre-Raphaelites, and often I find myself lost on the Wikiart pages in stunned joy.  I once wanted to be an artist, and then I saw what artists can do.  I am no artist. 



Oh, if you are on Facebook and wish to be friends there I am at X and XX
On Twitter you can find me at X



No comments: