Thursday, December 1, 2016

Women Warriors : Fact and Fiction

During the last election various forces took issue with many different things.  Men and women, ethnic varieties of people, straight and LGBTI people, and wealthy and poor people chose to vote according to their interests. 

Highlighted for some was the sexist Americans who had never voted a woman president into office.  For others the years of Obama had meant that voting for Clinton meant a continuation of the many changes and evolutions going on in America.  The divisions between people, the vast gulf of disconnection, and the political system that doesn't reward different sorts of people, only the center, all contributed to destruction of the social fabric of American life.

One thing that was surely false was the idea that here was the first leader who was a woman.  During various points of American history this is false, and beyond, even the concept that women are nesting and men are out hunting is false.

This isn't meant to take any side of any fight.  I no longer feel connected to the country in which I live.  This is to point to a long history of women as warriors, resources to learn more, but even more, a desire to say I married an Scots/Irish warrior queen, and she rightfully scares the shit out of me.  I love her and whether or not I would vote for Clinton, had zero to do with how I view women.  I disliked Trump equally, if differently, so I voted by not choosing.




















No comments: