Wednesday, May 3, 2017

GRAPHIC CLASSICS

GO TO THE WEBSITE

More than once I've encountered people who remember comics being great and have tried finding similar comics for their kids.  They find out I write about comics, and ask, 'is there a comic my kid will like that is safe for a young mind'?

My answer is that there are such comics, but it pays to read comics before sharing them. The reason for this, is that the medium of comics has changed over time, and has had numerous evolutions, likely since the time that they had read when young.   Not only have comics become more adult in tone and subject, but they've become aimed at specific sorts of readers.

Beyond this all, comics are great.  And I have no shame about saying this.  They are not a guilty pleasure, I don't read them in the closet with a flashlight.  Comics are a medium.  And any kind of medium has both good and bad representatives of the form.

For kids though, while there are many comics that are aimed at the young, they are easy to find.  So here is a suggestion, and a recommendation... Graphic Classics.  Based upon the literary greats, by genre, a person can enjoy some of the great works of the past, in comic form.  I offer this recommendation to adults as well.



“In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”  Albert Camus  

Find me on TWITTER
Find me on Email at AlexanderNess63@gmail.com
Friend request me on FACEBOOK
Like my page for my creative work at FACEBOOK

Read my poetry blog
Read my creative spill over blog
Read my blog about everything else
Read my views on politics, religion and life

BUY MY BOOKS
A LIST OF ALL I HAVE DONE 

No comments: