Friday, May 19, 2017

News from me, and comics from the rest of the World

MY NEWS

As an invited guest of MSP ComiCon, I invite YOU to attend as well.  This isn't an "Entertainment" guests and comic people con.  This isn't flashy.  This is about comics.  If you like them you can find hundreds of creators, plus comics that are offered, often, at a discount.  Toys, Movies and other items are available as well, but, buy comics.  Hell, buy my comics.  Buy anything I sell.  I am broke, I am tired, and I am somewhat happy, due to life.  You see, my son has attended almost all of the shows I visit, and this year is his last as a child, as he graduates from High School two weeks or so from this weekend.  I'll be in a good mood I think, so, hit me up for good readin's.

I am selling a streamlined variety of books.  Normally I try to bring EVERYTHING.  But I have 30 plus books, and lots other things.  So, I will be bringing all of my comic book work, and my postcards featuring my poetry work on them.  The postcards are a buck each.  The comics are tpbs, so not cheap.

If you are attending and wish to buy books I might not be bringing, please contact me.  I am very happy to bring whatever you might wish to buy.





COMICS ACTUALLY EXIST IN OTHER LANGUAGES?
OTHER CULTURES HAVE COMICS?
WHAT THE...

FROM FRANCE

There is a power of line in the work of Philippe Druillet.  His work NOSFERATU was wild with power and dripped with darkness.  The story revisits the myth of vampires and combines that with a post-apocalyptic futurism.  I know many great artists, and writers, but never read anything like this before.




FROM FRANCE

Long time readers of me will know that I love Jean Giraud, aka MOEBIUS.  A great artist, and thinker, his work is beautiful at the same time as it is dangerous, moving, and subtle.  I love his art, like his writing, and the scenes from Arzach will blow your pants off.


FROM ARGENTINA

RACE OF SCORPIONS was a shock to me.  I liked Hiyao Miyazaki, and his Nausicca, and the aforementioned Moebius and Arzach.  Race of Scorpions is the marriage of both, and still unique to itself.  Try to find issues online or in your local beloved comic shop.  The work rewards the reader.


FROM CHILE and FRANCE

If you've never encountered the work of Alejandro Jodorowsky, you need to do so.  His Metabarons series, The Incal, and buttloads more are power filled imaginations of dark futures.  The works he has done that I have read move me deeply.




And lastly FROM ARGENTINA

Juan Gimenez has an imagination that is brutally enormous.  If you take a sip you will be engulfed.  And I like that.  He has power, grace, and beauty in his art, and I am a fan.




No comments: