Friday, November 30, 2018

Where to find talented writers from across the pond

I was told by a reader of one of my blogs that I have elitist taste in comics.  Yes, I like the work of Grant Morrison, Jamie Delano, and more UK/Ireland writers, but a lot of American, French, Japanese and other writers and artists as well.

Liking intelligent writers creating great work isn't elitism.  Doesn't anyone prefer good creative arts?  Who wants to read drekk?  I don't think I read only elitist work.  I think good work doesn't = elitist.  However, I do think there has been an enormous amount of great writers from the UK and Ireland who I've read and enjoyed.

For the most part I think they can be found here, but I am sure I've missed one or two.  I like a lot of UK/Ireland artists as well.  But again, I like many creative talents regardless of their country of origin.  But it got me thinking, holy crap there are a lot of writers from the UK and Ireland who I like a great deal.

Grant Morrison
Website

Jamie Delano

Alan Moore
Website
Mike Carey
Website

David Hine
Website

DAN ABNETT
Website


Garth Ennis
Website
Paul Jenkins

Neil Gaiman

Mark Millar
 ALAN GRANT

PAT MILLS

WARREN ELLIS

No comments: