Monday, August 24, 2020

Youtube Channels/Podcasts and Authors

I was asked if I was ever going to do a podcast related to my writing career.  The answer to that is no for me as a podcaster, but perhaps limitedly as guest. But I do think there are fine writers and artists to follow.

MARK FELTON

An Historian's Channel

One of the problems on youtube and podcasts is that most people doing podcasts and channels aren't trained in the area they consider.  Now, I am not an elitist, and I celebrate the internet for allowing journalism and research for everyone who is able to read and watch.  But in the case of history, you rarely find someone who knows the facts and can present the same, in ways that are accurate in areas of statistics and historical fact, and still make them interesting for a general audience and for those who are fans or deeply interested readers of such information.  (The term history "buff" comes to mind.)

Mark Felton doesn't appeal to the viewer who wants a quick silly or weird take on the information in question.  However, I am a historian, and read others, and it is generally agreed upon, Mark Felton makes no mistakes, informs and entertains, and has a tone of interest that feels adult, apt, and learned.

I've also been a fan of the books by Mark Felton.  My field areas of study are relatively different than Mark Felton, but my avocation and interest are military history. Where history is concerned I am greatly interested in the greatest conflict of human kind, in areas of diplomacy, strategy, and the day to day facts of conflagrations such as the war of the Eastern Front or the war in China before the beginning of the war in the Pacific.

This author is well worth investing yourself in.

Youtube Channel
Youtube Audio Channel


FALL OF CIVILIZATION

This is a detailed, intelligent, worthwhile podcast with numerous ways to access it.  I confess, when I first listened to it, I was expecting something else, but, it is extreme in factual use, voice actors, overall paradigms considered, and worth your time if you have an hour to invest in a single subject from ancient history.  It adds slowly, so I am aware it might be a long wait between new editions.

Podcast

No comments: