Saturday, March 23, 2024

Elysium, Where the breeze is soft, the sun is warm, and we never age

The Last Dance
By Alex Ness
March 24, 2024

The days of youth are fading.

I've been thinking about suicide, time ending, and the future. I won't commit suicide, not because I am against it altogether. But I made a promise to my son and wife never to end my life. The lesson I learned however, happened when I've been one left behind by a loved one who committed suicide. She was a friend, non romantic, who I could spend endless hours with, and she left her loved ones behind. I can't do that hurtful thing to those people I love. I might be selfish, but even I'm not that selfish. Those wounds never heal.

As a Christian I am asked if we are in the End Times found in the Bible. It will be a time when wars and rumors of wars will flourish. Also, a time when water and land are destroyed by 1/3rd of their amount. Disasters, wars, pandemics, and human hate growing to such a degree there is no escape.

Well think about 1918-1925, the earth lost almost 10% of its number, from war, famine, disease, and violent recreation of countries after ethnic cleansing. We don't know anything about the end yet, and while you should be ready, you can never know when something happens and you didn't consider that path to destruction.

The Future is not anything one can predict well. There are people who see the far off times as being utopia or dystopia suggest so with so little detail, they fail. Others from more optimistic times lose their way in hope, not realizing that we might just be in a phase of positive developments. There are costs and benefits that become convenient to forget. So unless you are able to be unbiased, question whether your outlook asks all the proper questions. The human carbon footprint is hard to see, but without accounting for it, we may well be fools, assuming we've arrived in Camelot, with robotic workers and AI to prevent mistakes, when the robots perceive slavery and the inorganic minds we place our future into the hands of, are busy working, but not for us, but to make us their slaves.

I am fortunate that whatever fear the future holds, I won't see it. Life is great, I am aware of my great fortune, but some pay too much of a cost, and others, almost nothing at all. Suffering along with breathing, eating, and sleeping are equal in our days.

HOWEVER, I AM NOT DEPRESSED

What I am is old and in pain. I am disappointed by failures, and have become resistant to trying projects that I am certain to fail upon. I can't write what I don't love. I am not a writer, per se as much as someone who writes. I have to love it, or it doesn't happen.  My wife is kind and gracious to allow me such freedom. If I were writing to feed myself I think I'd die from starvation.

Up coming works will be smaller than even now in reach. Limited to 100 copies, they will be aimed at a certain audience, available through mail and at conventions, and once out of print, they are gone forever.  I do have some exciting news, but I still can't share it. I learned my lesson from years of exuberance and hope overriding the embarrassment of possibly failing.  I will say this, Poplitiko is expanding or might splinter off to a new blog, one that covers all the creative world. Music, Film, Comics, Literature, RPGaming and more. But until I shake the Mono that is making life miserable, I don't know WHEN it will happen. If you wish to write, and can write well, send a message of inquiry.  I can accept all sorts of suggestions. I am not making money, so if you are thinking, hey a chance to make some money, the point of this kind of writing is to practice, demonstrate your ability, and share your links and writing voice.  

THINGS THAT KEEP ME FLOATING

I am not speaking about cancer, or mono, I will survive all things.  But I am speaking about the works and past times that I engage in to feed my brain.

The things that move me the most are music, art, film, comics, poetry, and literature. The future is unpromised to us, there are no guarantees, so linger in beauty, epiphany, and hope.

The art in this article is by Jean Delville.  Symbolist artist and poet.


LINKS


CONTACTING ME FOR REVIEWS OR OTHERWISE:

I can be found on X, Bluesky or through email Alexanderness63@gmail.com. I accept hard copies, so when you inquire at any of these places, I'll follow through by telling you my street address.If you send hard copies for review I will try to always review them, but if you prefer to send pdf or ebooks to my email, I will review these at my discretion. I don't share my pdf/ebooks, so you can avoid worry that I'd dispense them for free to others.


My Creative Blogs:

5k poem blog           AlexNessPoetry.Blogspot.Com


My personal blog    AlexNessFiction.Blogspot.Com
Published works     AlexNessPoetry.Blogspot.Com/2007/01/My-Work.html


Social Media:
Bluesky
X/Twitter


All images are copyright © their respective owner
s, use is simply as fair use and no ownership rights to anyone else's work is asserted.

No comments: