Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Manga that I've enjoyed

(Click each image for a larger & clearer view)

I love Japan.  I love Japanese people, arts, history, and even the language. As I am writing about comics, doing interviews and reviews, I am often asked why no Manga? And I am not able to extend my coverage to manga and thereafter anime due to a number of factors. There is a language barrier.
I can't interview most talent from Japan.  I do not have review works and it is often hard to do so from thinks like pdf or jpgs. And lastly, I have no money to invest in new series.
 

But, I have bought and read many manga, and my son is a fan of other series. I've read numerous editions and expanded my view of works to include up to date works like Attack on Titan and Deathnote.  I like them a great deal.


I should say, my favorite works are Lone Wolf and Cub, Samurai Executioner,
Path of the Assassin, Appleseed, and Nausicaa.  I like these works all a great deal.
So, while my comic book journalism has not covered Manga much at all, it isn't
due to matters of taste.


No comments: