Saturday, December 24, 2022

Unto us a Child is Born

SEASONS OF GIVING
By Alex Ness
December 25, 2022

A TOAST TO THE FUTURE

My goal has long been to share with others the products found in popular culture that are good, to give them more momentum and power. I don't receive review products, almost never. My interest isn't purely altruistic, but mostly so. I enjoy the products I discuss here, so, it is more about letting friends and readers know, what the world has to offer, and by doing so, I hope to build something like a community. This blog isn't huge in visitor numbers, I don't receive credit in the blogger universe for my great insights (as is perhaps correct).

But for whoever is reading this, I hope to focus attention on artistic creations, and emphasize the work the creative artists have done so that I might read, hear, view or play more of the same in the future. My goals for the future are to do the exact same thing, expose the world to great comics, books, music, games and film.

If you are reading this as a creative talent or publisher, I would be happy to review your work. You deserve credit for the hours and inspiration, the labors of your heart and mind. If you read below, you will find a brief paragraph how to contact me, and what my aims are in doing this. 

If you drink adult beverage, pour one for yourself, I will raise a full glass to all of you readers and creative people. Thank you, let's make 2023 the finest year and all works from that year the finest vintage of the creative vineyard. I promise to keep at this as until they have to take the keyboard from my cold dead hands.

PLANS

The future isn't a good experience that will just happen without forethought. It just happens, because you can neither stop time, delay time, nor affect enough of the world to prevent the future from arriving. But I will say, I am going to do some creative works, that I might preview here, or at least announce them here, and most of which will not be comic books. I'd love to be invited to conventions but you often need new product and some recognition in the realms that would invite you. So, perhaps if it happens, it will happen after I've released new books. 

Also, I absolutely plan to write more about music, boardgames, and art. The world doesn't need more stuff, it needs better stuff, we don't need more crap, we need better crap. 

MY TASTE IN POPULAR MEDIA in 5's

(Click to enlarge)

MUSIC  

The Smashing Pumpkins, The Clash, The Smiths, New Order, The Swallows

AUTHORS

Robert E. Howard, Lord Dunsany, Alan Dean Foster, Albert Camus, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

GAMES 

AD&D, RISK, CADACO ALL STAR BASEBALL, RUSSIAN CIVIL WAR, SW Pod Racer

FILM

AMADEUS, GLADIATOR, EXCALIBUR, SEVEN SAMURAI, THE CRYING GAME

COMIC BOOK TALENTS

Mike Grell, Grant Morrison, Timothy Truman, Hayao Miyazaki, Goseki Kojima, Moebius


About Getting Reviews from Me

I can be found on Facebook, Twitter or through email Alexanderness63@gmail.com. I accept hard copies, so when you inquire at any of these places, I'll follow through by telling you my street address.If you send hard copies for review I will always review them, but if you prefer to send pdf or ebooks to my email, I will review these at my discretion. I don't share my pdf/ebooks, so you can avoid worry that I'd dispense them for free to others.

My Creative Blogs:

My 5000 poem Blog AlexNessPoetry.Blogspot.Com
 
Cthulhu Alien Horrors CthulhuDarkness.Blogspot.Com

Atlantis & Lost Worlds AlexNessLostWorlds.Blogspot.Com

My Published Work  AlexNessPoetry.Blogspot.Com/2007/01/My-Work.html

My Amazon Author Page Amazon.com/author/AlexNess

Support: Poplitiko.Blogspot.Com/2022/06/for-sale.html

All images are copyright © their respective owners, use is simply as fair use and no ownership rights asserted.

No comments: