This Month for me is a mess for numerous reasons and none good.* I was planning to do a weekly monster and end with a much larger post. But I make no promises currently, and am sharing a Monster per week celebration. Just images of the collections, and a movie collage.
Enjoy! Alex Ness
Anne Rice let me interview her and we shared a couple lovely emails. I love her, she was a kind person by nature, and I like her work for the style it uses. I didn't read Twilight or the Anita Blake novels, but I have some bright and dark friends who love them. And I interviewed both Steve Niles and Ben Templesmith regarding comics and horror, but more about how they write and what they add to the flow of works. Ben Templesmith is brilliant, and Niles has a way to take concepts and make them modern, new and demand more reads. I mean, whatever you think of the monstrous kind of Vampires they reveal, the concept of the season of darkness in the Arctic as the time of hunting, is fooking brilliant.
Vampires can be one note sounding and plain, but no one shown below are without enormous talent, and all have dexterity and grace as storytellers.





No comments:
Post a Comment