Sunday, April 23, 2023

Musicians or bands you should find and listen to

I've regretted not being able to not interview many bands or individuals.  You might think I am mistaken thinking I've done any, but there are bands and individuals from such who have honored me with their music.  Since this is a memory of 22 years of writing blogs and considering music, I can't, obviously, reprint or post links to my over 100 reviews of cd's I wrote from 2000 to 2002.  Sadly when I was told an advertiser didn't like what I said about his restaurant, the site owner told me to edit my post.  I said no. He said, you have to, or I won't let you post your reviews and commentary here.  I said, your choice is this, tell the restaurant owner that I went twice. First time the waitress was kind, if slow, and the food was way overpriced and mediocre.  The second time, the service was bitchy, cold, nasty in replies to requests, but the food was better, but still expensive. I am not changing that. If the restaurant owner doesn't want people to know that his prices are high, his servers are mediocre and the food just isn't worth going to and waiting to get it, and spending my money, he needs to fix the problem. The issue isn't from my review. It was from his bad restaurant.

He came back two days later and said, the owner said it is libelous what you just said. I said it was my personal experience, so it might have been an unkind review, but it was honest, and honesty/truth is always a defense. The website owner came back and said, the owner of the restaurant said he is willing to give you a free third meal, drinks free, food free, you'll be his guest. I said, I am not taking down my honest review. The website owner said make the owner happy (who paid for a banner advertisement that the website owner desperately wanted to keep), take the free meal, write a new and not the same sort of review, and it will be fine. I said, I wrote the truth, so if you take down or edit my piece in any way, delete them all. The next morning I couldn't log in, and the enormous amount of reviews I'd written, of movies, music, food, and books, all of them, were gone.

My current favorite music is:

Smashing Pumpkins, The Clash, Johnny Marr, Sleeper Pins, The Smiths, The Swallows, Joy Division, Peter Gabriel


I learned as a writer you have to be honest, and since I didn't get paid much at all, I lost the only thing I was getting, people viewing my posts. The Smashing Pumpkins reviews were gone. An assortment of Jazz and classical music reviews were gone. Everything I said, was permanently gone. However, on my own website, Popthought.com which mostly died in 2008 I interviewed Ryan Clark of Demon Hunter, a drummer for a band no longer around call Cry of the Afflicted who I like very much. I interviewed a highly talented creative who also was married to a Star Wars artist (Cynthia Narcisi). Ian Narcisi was the musician and he created music that was mind blowingly beautiful but also, totally unique. And then the Chinese person or group of people (I was told by the FBI where the attack came from) who hacked our site wiped out all my back "issues" and ruined whatever they didn't outright remove.

I started interviewing and reviewing on poplitiko because I figured, google, who owned blogger, could defeat the hackers. I first interviewed a "band" where the creator of music for the band The Widow wrote and performed all of the music for the recording, but had a live crew for live performances. When I had been taken off Facebook, he had been inactive, when I returned exonerated without an apology from Fkbook, he was gone. So while I like him, and his music is incredible, we aren't friends, I guess, I thought we were.

I interviewed members of the band the Swallows, and that, truly changed my life.  It gave me hope in a time of despair. And getting to know them all, and interviewing them, was a gift from God. They were bright, deeply talented, kind, and gave me a great many hours of musical pleasure.

I interviewed more talented people but chemo has destroyed my memory. Below I'll list whatever I can of the interviews.

FIND THE INTERVIEWS

AARON KERR (The Swallows, Dissonant Creatures, Full Pedal Cello)
http://poplitiko.blogspot.com/2019/09/an-interview-asking-questions-about.html

JEFF CRANDALL (Swallows)
https://poplitiko.blogspot.com/2022/11/jeff-crandall-creative-talent.html

https://poplitiko.blogspot.com/2021/10/interview-week-jeff-crandall.html

BRETT HANSEN (Swallows)
https://poplitiko.blogspot.com/2022/06/interview-week-ends-with-brett-hansen.html

MIKE NORBY (Swallows)
https://poplitiko.blogspot.com/2022/01/interview-week-concludes-michael-norby.html

DISSONANT CREATURES (off shoot of the Swallows)
https://poplitiko.blogspot.com/2021/08/dissonant-creatures-live.html


TYSON ALLISON (music publisher, creative, Swallows, Sleeper Pins, much more...O)
https://poplitiko.blogspot.com/2000/05/a-talk-with-creative-artist-and-record.html

JOHN CARPENTER (independent creations and soundtracks)
https://poplitiko.blogspot.com/2022/09/nycc-place-to-be-to-for-john-carpenter.html

THE WIDOW
https://poplitiko.blogspot.com/2012/01/widow-band-interview.html
http://poplitiko.blogspot.com/2011/12/presenting-widow.html

GETTING REVIEWS?
I can be found on Facebook, Twitter or through email Alexanderness63@gmail.com. I accept hard copies, so when you inquire at any of these places, I'll follow through by telling you my street address.If you send hard copies for review I will try to always review them, but if you prefer to send pdf or ebooks to my email, I will review these at my discretion. I don't share my pdf/ebooks, so you can avoid worry that I'd dispense them for free to others.


My Creative Blogs:

My 5000 poem Blog AlexNessPoetry.Blogspot.Com
 
Cthulhu Alien Horrors CthulhuDarkness.Blogspot.Com

Atlantis & Lost Worlds AlexNessLostWorlds.Blogspot.Com

Published Work  AlexNessPoetry.Blogspot.Com/2007/01/My-Work.html


All images are copyright © their respective owners, use is simply as fair use and no ownership rights asserted.

No comments: