Thursday, December 21, 2023

Merry? Christmas, Happy? Hannukah, Reflective Kwanzaa

The World is Burning, Can it be fixed?
Alex Ness
December 22, 2023

A bit of depressed guy rambling... No need to worry, I am determined to keep going forward. I am finished ever giving a consideration to kill myself. I have had suicidal ideation, but I will never act upon that ideation. My son, my wife, my cats, my friends, my family, are worthy of my greatest love, and all God has ordained to be, deserves to be fully fulfilled. I can't make myself happy. I can't always find what I am meant to be. But I refuse to give back the one chance of life I have been given. I've witnessed miracles, I've experienced grace without measure. I refuse to turn my back upon that. I might not be wealthy, happy, or successful.

I've nothing to review at the moment, my brain is too scrambled due to meds, and pain.

GAZA and UKRAINE


And more than me, and my various perspectives, I believe that we've reached a place where we need to ask ourselves a number of important questions... Such as, if we are the highest point reached in human history, why can't we solve our constant issues of struggle between one another?

Dwight D. Eisenhower "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some 50 miles of concrete highway. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This, I repeat, is the best way of life to be found on the road. the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron." Address "The Chance for Peace" Delivered Before the American Society of Newspaper Editors, 4/16/53


THE SINS OF THE PAST

How much of the world we live upon is good because of the selfless and good hearted, and how much is going ill, for the evil, for the selfish, for those who don't care? At what point does the will to control steal the goal of happiness? At what point is material culture aimed at enriching those who have, and stealing from those who have not? And to whatever extent, have every failed utopia has already happened, and we live in a complex union of hypermediated freedom, drugged replacement for true experience, or the will of the conformity of a society over the voices that do not agree?  If our world is already a complex quilt of failed utopias, are we far too far to ever escape?

John F. Kennedy wanted to pull troops from Vietnam, so they shot him in the head. GOTTA GET OUT OF THIS PLACE

Do we deserve the grace we seek? No. But there are people who fight for the rest of those who do nothing, and the world doesn't necessarily have to fail. South African Stephen Biko almost certainly knew that speaking his truth, that Apartheid was an evil state, would lead to his death. And he kept upon speaking. Until he was killed in a police interrogation room.  BIKO

The Stonewall Riots happened when the Gay, Lesbian and Trans communities were beaten and attacked one more time than they could stand.  They were attacked for being different, and they were punished for it, over and over.  When the last crowd of police broke into the gay bars and lounges, finally those being attacked, said no more, the riots led to violence, and a new way of treating those communities. Most of whom simply wanted the same rights as everyone else.  IT'S A SIN

Martin Luther King Jr. was killed for asking America to live up to the principles and words they enshrined in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.  He was shot for asking a country to live by its own words.  PRIDE

Robert Kennedy was killed when he seemed sure to change the odds of the 1968 Presidential race.  Though he entered late, a convention where he entered with momentum would make him the nominee.  I was awake sick and it seemed to be on for days, when I was 4 years old.  My mom watched it seemingly as long as the television was on.  NEWS

Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg, do not promise a new or real utopia. They offer a technocracy and plutarchy. Rule by the technically advanced and wealthy.  We can change the path. And should. 

CONTACTING ME FOR REVIEWS OR OTHERWISE

I can be found on Facebook, Twitter or through email Alexanderness63@gmail.com. I accept hard copies, so when you inquire at any of these places, I'll follow through by telling you my street address.If you send hard copies for review I will try to always review them, but if you prefer to send pdf or ebooks to my email, I will review these at my discretion. I don't share my pdf/ebooks, so you can avoid worry that I'd dispense them for free to others.

My Creative Blogs:

5k poem blog         AlexNessPoetry.Blogspot.Com


Published works   AlexNessPoetry.Blogspot.Com/2007/01/My-Work.html


Social Media:
Bluesky
X/Twitter


All images are copyright © their respective owner
s, use is simply as fair use and no ownership rights asserted.

No comments: