Tuesday, September 17, 2024

News, chatting, questions and answers...

The Latest news or ideas or stuff like that
By Alex Ness
September 18, 2024

NEWS

I appeared at Crypticon, a 3 day con, and had a great day, selling out numerous works. Blown away by the beautiful humans I met. Some humans at other shows are nowhere near as open and kind. I sold a great deal, but mostly being told by people they like what I've written, people wishing me well, people saying you better be here with more stuff next time, is fuel for more great days. I promise, there will be more books coming. My sponsor was Hot Comics/Mike Harmon. He's a good man, kind man, bright man, and a man who is the epitome of a good owner of a comics shop.

SPEED PRINT INC
saved my bacon.  After dealing with many weasels while searching for a printer, Jen Bateman an artist and member of MnCBA (Fall and Spring Con folks) led me to Matt from Speed Print Inc. Many printers I dealt with supposedly local, had 800 numbers, fake store fronts, and printed from Asia and demanded 80 dollar shipping after you signed the contract. That is not cool.

Instead I went with Speed Print INC and for fair prices, quick service, and kind dialogue, I was very pleased with every thing!

Personal Sales I'm selling books/chapbooks for close to cost + postage. Alexanderness63@gmail.com
for more news.

Q&A

I had promised to do a Q&A when I returned from hiatus. But I want to finish a number of works, so I'll answer the one Q that I want to A.

Who is the comic publisher now who you like the most, and who is the one you like the least?

I haven't been happy with most publishers of comics, but have to say Image for their variety and quality. I enjoy their openness to new ideas, and follow a number of their ongoing comics. I do not say that because I have friends there, I have friends at most publishers.

THE FOUR NEW BOOKS, 3 Chapbooks, 1 Book

I did sell mostly Cthulhu, Jack the Ripper and chapbooks and my Sasquatch book put out by Viper Comics and Josh Howard oh so long ago. Below is a display of the new books. To order Tales of Lost Kingdoms it is 12 total with postage being inclusive. The chapbooks are $5 a piece but choose all of the new chapbooks plus my work from last year's Crypticon, a chapbook about Crime and killings in southern MN, done with Joe Monks, for $20 postage paid.


THE NEW BOOK

TALES OF LOST KINGDOMS

I was going to do this as a book, but after 2019 to 2024 I've had health issues. So I know, I might never get it out. I asked friend and poet, artist and editor Peter Urkowitz if he'd add his own poems and format and edit it, so we could release it, and he said of course.  He did a great job.

All of the poems and essays about the worlds and kingdoms that are legends but my have truth to them, are illustrated inside with ancient and public domain arts. The cover is from a work that the publisher screwed up and tried to make me use the art for free but hell no I would not. So I told Josh, he said keep it is yours. So I sent him a Ray Harryhausen hardcover and a few more good kinda books. And now, 20 years later, it found a home... with some background work by me, using public domain art.

Write to AlexanderNess63@gmail.com and let me know you want one of those deals, and on my facebook page I have many more deals.

FINAL WORDS


Thanks to Crypticon and Michael Harmon for their kindness and giving me a table to sell my works.

LINKS

My Poetry AlexNessPoetry.Blogspot.Com 
This place Poplitiko.Blogspot.Com
Published Works AlexNessPoetry.Blogspot.Com/2007/01/My-Work.html
Personal: AlexNessFiction.Blogspot.Com/

Social Media
https://bsky.app/profile/alexanderness63.bsky.social
https://x.com/alexnesspoetry

No comments: