Tuesday, August 1, 2023

The Tangled Mess of My Life and Work

NEWS OF THE WORLD
By Alex Ness
August 2, 2023

I am not the most important person in this article. I wrote it, but I also have personal news. I won't be writing new articles for a short while. For personal reasons and health issues I can't come back for full articles for a while, perhaps a long while, despite having a great deal to say about what is going on in my life, life is a changing sort of thing. Some good, some bad, life is not inflexible, nor solid.

My son is featured artist upon the artist wall of the Black Coffee and Waffle Bar in one of my favorite cities anywhere, Fargo, North Dakota. Buy an artwork or two from a young artist, encourage someone's visions. And have some coffee and waffles from the friendly service staff and the cool ambiance there.

Over September, 15-17 will arrive Crypticon is a convention that features horror and spec fiction talents, products. Two attendees, Joe Monks, great friend and colleague, and I, are appearing, courtesy of Hot Comics in Minneapolis, Richfield and Jordan. I offer their link as the first comic shop that supported my work, since as far back as 2003. I am deeply grateful to Manager Mike Harmon, and the crew.

Reznor & Ross Illuminate our fears and desires, potentially to be cut short... 

AI STRIKES AGAIN: Screenwriters and Actors go on Strike

I am not an I told you so person, but when I asked dozens of people to answer 3-4 questions about Artificial Intelligence and the impact it would have upon their world, industry and employment, some were rude to me, for bothering them to answer such a question. Since the Hollywood strikes, fighting for human products to be labeled as such more, than 10 different creatives, including those who acted like I was a fool to worry or wonder, asked me to gather a new mass interview. Well, no.

Those who came back and asked, can sit and wait for their questions from someone else. I do not wish anything foul to occur, it is that I did it already, and, that was enough for me.

FIND THE ORIGINAL HERE: http://poplitiko.blogspot.com/2023/01/artificial-intelligence-and-arts.html

DIEDRA DRAKE:

In 2021 through the power of the internet, primarily twitter and direct messages, I met the author and kind soul Diedra Drake. The time that has passed led me to a feeling of awe.

She owned her own business, a printing company, that she ran well. I interviewed her, I reviewed her works, I previewed her works, and felt a warmth towards her that wasn't sexual, but I stood in awe of the person I thought she must be. I was moved by her mind, her spirit, her kindness, her generosity and more. And then her Covid turned into long Covid. She had some other health issues, but all things combined led to her stroke, and death. People don't realize when many die, the resources of wisdom and knowledge lost. People assume if they didn't know a person, they couldn't have meant as much as it feels to the others. But Diedra, however true to whatever extent you believe it to be, was someone I am wounded by never meeting her, and give voice to her words on the page. She was a bright woman, and imagined human mythic beings, like elves and dwarves, and plenty of other monsters and legends into a world, with generational rise and fall, of houses of trade and expertise.

And now she is gone.

GO find her go fund me to support her family in the transition they face.

FINALLY...  I can be found on Facebook, Twitter or through email Alexanderness63@gmail.com. I accept hard copies, so when you inquire at any of these places, I'll follow through by telling you my street address.If you send hard copies for review I will try to always review them, but if you prefer to send pdf or ebooks to my email, I will review these at my discretion. I don't share my pdf/ebooks, so you can avoid worry that I'd dispense them for free to others.

My Creative Blogs:

5k poem blog         AlexNessPoetry.Blogspot.Com


Published works   AlexNessPoetry.Blogspot.Com/2007/01/My-Work.html

All images are copyright © their respective owners, use
is simply as fair use and no ownership rights asserted.

No comments: